Thursday, November 03, 2005

A little about me

Now that I have told you some of what I want to do with the site, I thought it might be nice to share a little bit about myself. I am a stay at home mom of two boys age 2 years and 7 months. That's right, we are crazy and our boys are 20 months apart. Although at times it gets a little nuts, we wouldn't have it any other way. My husband and I have been married for about 3 1/2 years and we are still loving every minute of it.

I come from a pretty good background. Both of my parents are Christians and raised me and my two brothers to love the Lord. I had a somewhat troubled childhood, but I feel that my mom did the best that she could for herself. I don't know what her childhood was like, or her mental state when she raised us, and I can not stand in judgment of her because I am not her. My mom and I have definitely had our ups and downs, but I am glad to say that just recently God has really worked on my heart concerning my mother and we have been able to put the past behind us and truly be friends. I know that my mother will never be anyone but who she is and it feels so good to finally be able to love her for her, and not who I want or expect her to be. Isn't it amazing what God can do?

Some people reading this might wonder exactly what it was that I feel like my mom did to me as a child growing up, but I do not want to get into that because I feel like that Lord has forgiven her and I have forgiven her, so I want to leave the past in the past. But I also want to reach out to those who are hurting, so I just want to let you know that I have been there. I have walked the hard road, I have lived with the bitterness and it produced nothing but bitter fruit.

I have my own children now, and I plan on raising them the best that I know how and with the Lord's help, I can keep from repeating the mistakes of the past. On Sunday in church we were asked to share a verse that has changed our lives, and I didn't get to share because there were so many good verses, but I thought I might share it on here instead.

Philippians 4:4-9 (NASB) Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.


This is the passage I strive to live my life by and hopefully it will encourage someone else today. I don't know if anyone will even read this blog, but I feel like I need to write these things, if even only to remind myself of God's marvelous working in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home